Wednesday, September 9, 2009

gambia: serving without reservations

top custom html 1While Matthias was a enrollee at the African Technical Training Institution he learned digit things: Daniel, a body member for GAMFES, the IFES shitting in Gambia, nurtured Matthias in his faith, hortative him to think the Scripture and trust the nobleman and the edifice body taught him accounting. After he graduated, Matthias struggled to undergo what kind of chronicle he should live. Matthias started impact at a major business hospital immediately after graduation. Over the incoming threesome years, he was promoted and was modify offered a new house supported by the government. He concluded, ' call staleness move because my future is gleaming here.' But God had another plans. In 2004, at an IFES conference, Matthias heard of every that Nehemiah had given up to study God's call. Matthias realized, 'I hit null to hold on to but God.' When Matthias visited Stephen, the GAMFES General Secretary, author asked him, 'Would you consider resigning your employ and employed for the ministry?' Matthias continues his story: 'I was battling between bringing God and my job. I consulted senior Christians. One said, 'You are rattling young; the ministry module always be there, so move with your employ to achieve your goals. Then come and impact for the ministry.' Another said, 'Get your car, house and then resign.' After chance this, I realized that I necessary to provide my possess respond to Jesus' call. I made up my nous to help God. I wrote author an email: 'Sir, I made up my nous to depart and impact for the ministry but the ministry staleness provide me a give for business security.' He replied: 'Matthias, you undergo that the ministry does not hit much an amount of money and modify we did, you should undergo that you are not employed for the ministry but God. When God calls you he module provide for you.' I was touched by these words. Soon I hopeless my job, finally letting go every material opportunities, privileges and dreams. God strengthened me with the scripture that says in Mark 'What beatific is it for a Negro to acquire the full world, still forfeit his soul?' Matthias has sworn to impact with GAMFES for cardinal years, bringing students and teen people in Gambia for the laurels of God.bottom custom html 2
Technorati

No comments: