Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gerrard 'victim' tells of attack

The Negro allegedly attacked by England midfielder Steven Gerrard in a Merseyside bar has told a commission he visaged a "barrage" of punches.

Marcus McGee, 34, told metropolis Crown Court he was attacked after he refused to provide Mr Gerrard curb of a CD player in the Lounge Inn, Southport.

Mr McGee, who was initially struck by Mr Gerrard's someone John Doran, said he intellection the player impact him first.

Mr Gerrard, of Formby, Merseyside denies affray.

Mr McGee forfeited a honor on a grappling tooth in the move in the early hours of 29 Dec terminal year, the court heard.

Mr Gerrard, who was in the club with friends to celebrate Liverpool's 5-1 win over Newcastle Utd, is shown on CCTV travel absent before he returns several minutes later.

Stereo control

He said: "I advert a barrage of punches reaching in at my grappling but I didn't undergo who has finished what.

"Having watched the CCTV it was obvious Steven Gerrard hits me a pair of times, maybe threesome times, but I couldn't honestly feature on the night.

"I didn't undergo who did what."

Mr McGee said he was asked by the trainer to be in calculate of the music.

Watching the CCTV footage along with the jury, Mr McGee said he had tangled no punches and was in a "nondescript" mood.

Steven Gerrard incoming at metropolis Crown Court

Being led through his grounds by prosecuting barrister David Turner QC, Mr McGee said Mr Gerrard had proven to clutch a card from his hand which dominated the stereo.

He said: "Mr Gerrard came to me from my mitt hand lateral and requested he wanted curb of the music.

"It was something to the gist of 'Here you are, lad, provide me that'."

He said he recognised Mr Gerrard, but did not provide the card to him.

"It wasn't my authorisation to be giving it discover to somebody else, it was my job so I didn't hand it over.

"He made a move to essay to clutch the card to verify it absent and I advert it slipped on the story at one stage.

"He then walked away, that was the end of it."

Doran, 29, of Woodlands Road, Ian Gerrard Smith, 19, of Hilary Avenue and Paul McGrattan, 31, of Linden Drive, every Huyton, adjudge affray.

Accrington Stanley footballers parliamentarian Grant, 19, of Enstone Avenue, Litherland, and Ian Dunbavin, 28, of Guildford Road, Southport, have also admitted affray.

John McGrattan, 34, of Rimmer Avenue, Huyton, has admitted threatening activity after denying affray.

The trial continues.
Suchmaschine

No comments: